Car 1160 is an example of a car which was rebuilt several times, with its current configuration bearing little resemblance to its original appearance.
One of two experimental “Type M” streetcars intended to be prototypes for a large order of new cars that never came
3001 was the first PCC type car delivered to Los Angeles. It was unveiled in 1937 by L.A. Mayor Shaw and child film star Shirley Temple, in a ceremony in front of City Hall.
LAMTA 3072 was part of the second group of PCC cars delivered to LARy in 1938, and served until retirement by successor company LAMTA in 1963.
The LA Railway needed more equipment to handle the greatly increased wartime traffic and ordered 30 PCC streetcars (including this one) in May, 1942
3165 is an all-electric PCC car. Built in 1948, LAMTA 3165 was the last streetcar acquired for operation in Los Angeles.
A classic 'Huntington Standard', the car that Los Angeles grew up with. Since 2003, this car has been undergoing restoration by a group of the Museum's dedicated volunteers.
A classic 'Huntington Standard', the car that Los Angeles grew up with. At one time, Los Angeles Railway owned 747 cars of this type.
The Descanso was a trolley funeral car. It was chartered for use as a hearse, and saw service until 1924.