Thank You to our Volunteers!
The Museum has preserved many rare and impressive pieces of rail history. Most of that work was done by our most valuable asset: our volunteers. We have over 200 active volunteers, but they aren’t enough to continue the important work of keeping Southern California’s rail heritage alive. There is more work to be done than there are people to do the work. We can always use more help.
We are currently looking for Volunteers to help us with A Day Out with Thomas, our largest fundraiser of the year. If you would like to help, please submit the Volunteer Assignment Request Form to the right. If you do not know your schedule at this time, just send us a quick email at email@example.com to let us know you want to help.
Volunteer Assignment Request Form
Thank You for Submitting your form Online!
- Please download the Day Out with Thomas – November 2019 Volunteer Form PDF.
- Complete the form with your information. Additional volunteer details at the bottom of this page.
- Scan the completed form, then submit as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are unable to submit the form via email, you may choose to deliver or mail the completed form to the Museum. Attn: Motomi Aoyama, PO Box 548, Perris CA 92572.DOWT Fall 2019 Volunteer Form
- For Operations assignments – Request separate assignment request forms provided by the Operations Department.
- Certain duties including parking & crossing guards have been pre-assigned to groups
- Our contract with the owners of Thomas does not allow members to enter the museum grounds unless they have purchased a ticket or plan to volunteer for the event. This means your membership card will not admit you to the museum grounds during the Thomas event. Special nametags/passes will be issued to volunteers.
- Volunteers who are not sure of their availability may still volunteer. They must enter at the staff entrance (Mapes and “A” Street) and then proceed to Town Hall where assignments and nametags will be provided.
- Final Assignments will be emailed by mid-October. If you do not receive an assignment by October 25th, please contact Motomi Aoyama email@example.com. Please check your assignment very carefully and notify Motomi with issues. We are depending on each and every volunteer to report as scheduled; if you will not be able to report as scheduled please notify Motomi immediately so she can schedule someone else for that day and time. If on the day of event, call Motomi’s cell phone 951-550-1155.